BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Kat Von D Truth Palette Review

"Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart."-Kahlil Gibran


So I recently went into my local Sephora and purchased the newest palette that Kat Von D launched. I will  be honest, I have never purchased anything from Kat Von D's makeup collection. Love her tattoo artistry but didn't think I would really like her makeup. Boy was I wrong! I think this palette is just amazing! 

This palette is a limited edition palette. For those who are not familiar with her line, her permanent cosmetics are packaged in a black case and her limited edition are in white. Now onto the design of it. I love the design of the front of the palette. It has vintage keys that of course were designed by Kat Von D herself. I must say that this is what caught my eye and what was inside just convinced me in making this purchase. The Truth palette does come with eight eyeshadows that to me are perfect for Spring & Summer looks. 

Now getting more into the eyeshadows themselves, this palette comes with 8 eye shadows and two double ended brushes. I personally do not like the brushes. They don't really work well for apply and blending the eye shadows but do work well for lip brushes. The eight eye shadows come in different finishes. A few are matte, there is a cream eye shadow, and some shimmer finishes too. In the case the colors look absolutely amazing and look like they are creamy and well pigmented. Another reason I purchased this palette is because I noticed that this eyeshadow palette is perfect for people on the go, which I am always in a hurry so I find it perfect for me. Another observation I had on this palette is that the colors are designed to compliment each other. So this is also a perfect palette for people beginning to experiment with using more then one or two eyeshadows. 
This is a swatch of the first four sets of color. As you can tell they are very pigmented and would look flattering on different skin tones. From left to right the colors are Sugar Skull ( a shimmer beige color), Long Distance ( a shimmer yellow-green), Snake Eyes ( a shimmer lime green), and Finland ( a aqua cream eyeshadow). 
These are the last set of four eyeshadows. These I think will make those gorgeous baby brown eyes pop and give an amazing hint of color to blue & green eyes. Once again they are very pigmented and creamy. From left to right the colors are Prague ( a matte plum color), Galeano ( shimmer lavander), Rehab (shimmer goldent tan), and Sister ( matte peach color). 

Like I said before I am very happy with my first Kat Von D purchase. The colors are very well pigmented and just creamy. They are very easy to blend and do stay true to their color. Over all the colors will complement every skin tone and help you create various romantic and dramatic looks. I would definitely recommend this product and I am looking forward to doing more purchases from the Kat Von D collection. 




Product Info:
Kat Von D Truth Palette- $34 (Sephora) 

No comments:

Post a Comment