BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Borghese Professional Select Brush Review

Our hearts are drunk with a beauty our eyes could never see.  ~George W. Russell

So I recently went to my local Costco in search of a Mothers Day gift. While on my search for her perfect gift I found a brush set. Now I was amazed with the price and the amazing quality appearance of the brush set ( it was wrapped and so I couldnt really touch the brushes to verify that they were really good quality and well didnt just look like it.).

The picture above is all but one of the brushes that come in the kit. I have to say that the appearance of the brushes are acutally very good quality and after I opened the box the brushes felt very good and well are very good quality brushes for a very reasonable price!

Getting more into the kit itself, the kit comes with 10 brushes total. 6 of these brushes are Premium-Grade Natural Bristles and 4 are Premium-Grade Synthetic Bristles. The Borghese set also come with a nice faux leather brush bag. All this for the very affordable price of $23.99!!!
Now I want to start with the brush case. It is a faux leather case in a gorgeous dark brown color. The case is designed to fit 9 of the 10 brushes. It has a 2 magnets on both ends of the case so you can close it and open it with ease. I must say I really love the look and feel of the case.
(names listed below in order of display in the picture above)

These 3 brushes are the face brushes. There is #101 Angeled Contour Brush (natural bristles), #104 Round Foundation Brush (synthetic bristles), and  #102 Duo-Fiber Blending Brush (synthetic bristles). Like I said before all the brushes are soft to the touch and feel amazing on the skin. Brush #102 is my favorite brush for foundation. #104 foundation brush is really small and I honestly prefer to use it to contour. Finally # 101 brush I use for blush. It helps me apply blush easily and of course if needed to contour as well.

(names listed below in order of display in the picture above)

These next 3 brushes are #200 Eye Powder Fluff Brush (natural bristles), #203 Domed Smudge Brush (natural bristles), and #202 Angled Eye Contour Brush (natural brisles). Starting with #200 this brush makes blending easy to do. It is very fluffy and stiff enough to get the job done. I will say it is larger then most of my blending brushes but it does seem to cut down my blending time. I would so recommend this for blending very bright colors versus blending lighter and softer colors. I would  be afraid of over blending and then making my eyeshadow looking like one big huge mess. Now #203 is a great dense and well packed smudge brush. I will be honest and say I havent really used the brush at all. It is small and dense enough to get the job done. I will have to try it out and let you guys know how well it worked. I just decided to do an initial reaction review for this one. Fianlly #200 a thick fluffy contour brush. This angled brush is much larger then my other contouring angled brushes. It makes it easier and quicker to apply products to the eye crease and kind of blends it in at the same time.


(Following review for the 3 brushes on the right, my camera wouldnt upload the picture at all)
(names listed below in order of display in the picture above)

Next three brushes are #204 Angled Eye/Brow Brush (synthetic bristles), #201 Eyeshadow Brush (natural bristles), and #105 Concealer Brush (synthetic bristles). Starting with #204 this brush is a great multi use brush. You can use it for eyeliner, filling in your eyebrows, and even lining your waterline with powder and gel liner ( more info on this trick to come). It is soft yet stiff enough to get the job done and not hurt you at all. #201 is a large fluffy eyeshadow brush. This brush is great for larger eyes to apply or even pack on eyeshadow. Like I said it is a large brush so I wouldnt recommend this for people with smaller eyes that want to do some detailed work. #105 brush to me doenst really seem like a concealer brush. I use it more to pack on pure pigment eyeshadow. For that use it does an amazing job.

Finally brush #100 Powder Kabuki Brush (natural bristles). This brush is my all time favorite! This brush is not only soft but it is very fluffy and stiff. When I refer to stiff to this brush I dont mean its overly hard. Its hard enough to pick up the product and apply setting powder or any type of powder just amazingly. The other kabuki brush that I have is super soft too but it spreads out when I try to get product on it and the handle is super small (its a tokidoki kabuki) although I love this brush it is sometimes super difficult, specially when I am in a hurry, so brush #100 is my new favorite.

All these brushes provided in the kit are absolutely amazing and I highly recomnmend it. They are available at Costco and if you dont have a membership its ok! You can order them online for a little bit more money. Hope this review helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment