BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 7, 2011

My Everyday Neutral Eye

Love of beauty is Taste. The creation of beauty is Art.” -Ralph  Waldo Emerson

(Once again taken at work :D)

Hello! So today I want to show you  my everyday makeup look. It is very simple and I find it to be great for an everyday use. So lets get started :)!

Foundation Routine:
So my personal foundation routine is what really takes me a long time. I don't know why but I enjoy taking my time in prepping my face and applying my foundation. So for my face primer I use two different products (I also enjoy cocktailing products whether its for skin or hair :D). The first primer I use is Benefit Cosmetics, The POREfessional. I love this product since it is a quick fix in minimizing pores instantly. This I specifically use on my nose and cheeks since its where I have noticeable pores. The second primer I use is M.A.C. Prep + Prime Face Protect SPF 50. This i apply on my entire face, including my nose and cheeks  because I want to have a product with SPF close to my face to protect it. After priming my face I go into applying my foundation. For foundation I use M.A.C. Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation in the color  NC42. I apply this evenly on my entire face with a foundation brush. I currently use Sephora Collection I.T. Foundation Brush. Once I have applied an even layer of foundation on my face I use concealer. I am currently using Amazing Cosmetics, Amazing Concealer in Tan. I love this concealer because it is very effective for any imperfections, scars, and under the eyes and it is very concentrated so a little bit will go a long way. I tend to use my finger to apply it over a concealer brush because the warmth of my finger helps blend the concealer in better and adhere better to my face instead of the brush which sometimes doesn't give you the desired coverage. This pretty much summarizes my current foundation routine. Now onto the eyes.


Eyes:
So after I have applied my foundation I go into prepping my eyelids for my eyeshadow. I currently use Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have found UD primer to be one of the best in keeping eyeshadows on longer, creasless, and I feel like I use less product. I apply the UDPP on my entire eyelid. The base color that I use is UD Eyeshadow in the color Sell Out, which is a pink champagne shimmery shadow. I use my M.A.C. 213 Fluff Brush to apply it. I apply Sell Out over my entire eyelid and brow bone since it works well as a highlight. I dont pack it on since I just want a hint of color and since I will be applying another eyeshadow ever it. Using the same brush I then use UD Eyeshadow in the color YDK, which is a bronze mocha color with golden glitters. I use YDK over my eyelid and for this color I do pack on a little bit so you can actually see the color. For my crease I use UD Eyeshadow in the color Twice Baked, which is a dark brown color with brown shimmers ( I am a big shimmer person :D). I apply this color with my M.A.C. 275 Medium Angled Shading Brush. I love using this angles brush because it makes it a lot easier to get the color in the crease and reduces the amount of blending time. Since Twice Baked is very pigmented I don't have to layer it. Like I said before I apply it at the crease and blend upward to soften the look. To blend a little bit more I use M.A.C. 224 Tapered Blending Brush. Dont over blend because then the colors will mix together and you will not be able to tell the difference in the tones used. 

Eyeliner, Mascara, & Brows:
For my eyeliner I use Bobbi Browns, Long Wear Gel Liner in Black Ink. To apply the gel liner I use Sephora Professional Platinum Angled Eyeliner Brush #23. I find that using an angled liner brush that is also bent is a lot easier to use in applying gel liner, I apply a thin line of gel liner starting in the middle of my top lash line and working my way out and then going to the inner corner and joining both lines. Depending on my mood I will flick out the end or just follow the upper lash line. Next I use my BADGal Liner Waterproof in Extra Black. I love this eyeliner because it is creamy and does stay on for a long time. I use the liner to line my lower waterline and upper waterline. Lining the upper waterline makes your lashes appear fuller. For mascara I use Too Faced Lash Injection in Pitch Black on my upper lashes as well as the lower lashes. Finally I like to fill in my eyebrows to give me a more complete look. To fill my eyebrows I currently  use Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zing in Dark. This little compact comes with wax, setting powder, angled brush, blending brush, tweezers, and of course a mirror. 

Lips, Cheeks, Setting Powder & Setting Spray:
Almost done! For my cheeks I use M.A.C. Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden. I use the bronzer to contour my cheek bone and for a little color. To apply my bronzer I use Bare Escentuals Flawless Radiance Brush. I like using this brush because it has a tapered end which is good for contouring. I blend my bronzer upward because if you blend it downward it can look like you have a beard, which no one wants. Next to add a little more color, I use Flirt! Cosmetics Blush in #15 Oh Please! which is rose color with gold in it. I add this color to the apples of my cheeks, just a little bit goes a long way. Finally to highlight my cheeks I use MIraBella Pure Finish in Illuminate. This gives my cheeks a soft glow. For my lips I use Smashbox Lip Enhancing Gloss in Candid, which is a sheer rose color with gold shimmer in it . It gives a beautiful shine and color to the lips. For my setting powder I use M.A.C. Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in Medium Dark and apply it with M.A.C. 134 Large Powder Brush for an even thin application. I use a powder at the end to help control shine since I have combination oily skin and this product really does help. Finally for my setting spray  I use M.A.C. Fix + Spray. 

This is my everyday neutral look! I hope you enjoyed it and if you have any questions, suggestions, or comments feel free to leave me a comment! Thanks and have a wonderful day!!!




Prices & Where to Find them!:

Foundation Routine:
  • Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Primer: $28 (Sephora)
  • M.A.C. Prep + Prime SPF 50: $30 (M.A.C.)
  • M.A.C. Studio Sculpt Foundation SPF 15 in NC42: $29.50 (M.A.C.)
  • Sephora Collection I.T. Foundation Brush: $30 (Sephora)
  • Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer in Tan: $28 for travel size or $42 for full size (Sephora)

Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion: $18 (Sephora)
  • UD Eyeshadow in Sell Out: $17 (Sephora)
  • UD Eyeshadow in YDK: $17 (Sephora)
  • UD Eyeshadow in Twice Baked: $17 (Sephora)
  • M.A.C. 213 Fluff Brush: $22.50 (M.A.C.)
  • M.A.C. 224 Tapered Blending Brush: $29.00 (M.A.C.)
  • M.A.C. 275 Medium Angled Shading Brush: $24.50 (M.A.C.) 
Eyeliner, Mascara, & Brows:
  • Bobbi Brown Long Lasting Gel Liner in Black Ink: $21 (Bobbi Brown or Sephora)
  • Sephora Professional Platinum Angled Eyeliner Brush #23: $15 (Sephora)
  • BADGal Liner Waterproof in Extra Black: $20 (Sephora)
  • Too Faced Lash Injection in Pitch Black: $21 (Sephora)
  • Benefit Cosmetics Brow Zing in Dark: $30 (Sephora)
Lips, Cheeks, Setting Powder & Setting Spray:
  • M.A.C. Bronzing Powder in Refined Golden: $23 (Sephora)
  • Bare Escentuals Flawless Radiance Brush: $22 (Sephora or a local Bare Escentuals Store)
  • Flirt! Cosmetics Blush in Oh Please!: $12 (Kohl's or Flirtcosmetics.com)
  • MiraBella Pure Finish in Illuminate: $36 (Some salons carry it or mirabellabeauty.com)
  • Smashbox Lip Enhancers is Candid: $18 (Sephora)
  • M.A.C. 134 Large Powder Brush: $52 (M.A.C.)
  • M.A.C. Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in Medium Dark: $27 (M.A.C.)
  • MA.C. Fix +: $19 (M.A.C.)

No comments:

Post a Comment