BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 12, 2011

Golden Goddess Look

"When you reach the heart of life you shall find beauty in all things, even in the eyes that are blind to beauty." ~Kahlil Gibran


By now I think we all know that one of the summers biggest trends is the bronze golden look. It is fun, subtle, and flatters any skin tone. There are many variations on how to create your own golden look and I finally decided to go for it and do my take on it and here it is!


I know the lighting sucks but you can still see what my finished product is. It is very simple to create this look and it can be done using gold and brown eyeshadows you already have or spending less than $10 to buy a quad that is nothing but gold and brown colors. It is a perfect look for a night out with friends, a date night, or just for work. If you want to learn how I did this look and what I used keep on reading :)

PRODUCTS USED:

FACE:
*Laura Mercier Oil free Face Primer (Sephora)
*Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Primer (Sephora or Ulta)
*MAC Studio Sculpt Concealer (MAC)
*Lancome EFFACERNES Waterproof Protective Under Eye Concealer in Medium Bisque (Sephora)
*MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural (MAC)
*Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder in Golden Bronze (Sephora)
*e.l.f. Mineral Blush in Rose (e.l.f. and local Target)
*e.l.f. High Definition Powder (e.l.f. and local Target)

EYES:
*Urban Decay Primer Potion (Sephora or Ulta)
*Almay Intense I-Color Powder Shadow Trio for Brown Eyes (Ulta or any drugstores)
*Cover Girl Eye Inhancers 3 Kit Shadows in Golden Sunset (Ulta or any drugstores)
*Flirt! Cosmetics Dream Eyes Eyeshadow in Solid Gold (Flirt! Cosmetics or Kohls)
*MUFE Aqua Liner in #7 (Sephora)
*Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Zero (Sephora or Ulta)
*Benefit Cosmetics Browzing in Dark Brown (Sephora or Ulta)
*MAC Zoom Fast Black Lash (MAC)

LIPS:
*MAC Lustre Lipstick in Sweetie (MAC)
*e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips (e.l.f. & Local Target)

HOW TO ACHIEVE THE LOOK:
Once you have put on your foundation, bronzer, and blush apply your eye primer. I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion.
Next use the first (and lightest) color in the Almay Color Trio and apply over the entire eye. This works as your highlight and base color. 
Next we are going to use Flirt! Cosmetics eyeshadow in Solid Gold. Using the sponge tip applicator provided with it or a small eyeshadow brush apply this color over the eyelid. I only like to use the sponge tip applicators when I want to pack on a color and this is defiantly one you want to pack on.
Now using the Cover Girl trio in Golden Sunset use the dark brown color for the crease. This color is not a very pigmented or strong color so you may want to go over it more than once. 

It should look a little like the picture above. Now because I wanted to add some color I went in with my MUFE Aqua Liner in #7. #7 is a very deep violet color with shimmer. Perfect for summer time and the added bonus is its waterproof! I also lined my water line with Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero, this is of course optional. Finally I put on mascara.
Excuse the messy hair (this was taken before I flat ironed my hair (was waiting for it to completely air dry)).This is the end result. I hope you guys like this look. Like I mentioned before it is very simple but also a versatile look. 


**Coming Next will be an Ulta Cosmetics Haul and review...maybe some different looks using the products.


No comments:

Post a Comment