BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 12, 2011

Haul Time!

"The difference between pretty and beautiful is-pretty is temporal-whereas beautiful is eternal." ~ Unknown



So recently I decided to try some new products that are very inexpensive and are amazing! I went to my local Target for e.l.f products and Sally Beauty Supply for Palladio products. I apologize beforehand for the horrible quality of the pictures since I took them last night and my lighting totally sucked. Once again prices and links to where you can purchase these products will be listed at the very end. So lets get started! 

                                       

So in the picture above is all the things I bought. I believe all this was for under $35 dollars which is a pretty great deal since most of my makeup is $30 and up for a single item. So from left to right starting at the very top I have the Palladio Natural Rice Powder in translucent & the Palladio Herbal Eyeliner Pencil in White. Next is the Palladio Eye Ink in black, Aveeno Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner with SPF 15, e.l.f. Lipstick in Classy, 4 e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips, Pink Lemonade, Maple Sugar, and Ruby Slippers. Finally 2 Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balm in Golden Pink and Cotton Candy. So now lets get into what I think. I have only tried these items once or twice so if need be I can keep you posted on how I feel about these products after I have used them for a while. 

First lets talk about the Palladio Products!

Lets start with the 2 Herbal Tinted Lip Balms I have. Like I mentioned before the colors I purchased are Cotton Candy and Golden Pink.

 I was honestly impressed with these two tinted lip balms, well, one more than the other. Golden Pink is such a beautiful color that gives my lips a nice tinted pink color with gold shimmers. Totally love it! Cotton Candy was very very shear I was only able to see the shimmers and nothing else. Cotton Candy I would recommend to people with fair skin or anyone that wants a nice shimmer to their lips. Over all I did like the feel of the lip balms. It went on so easily and made my lips feel super soft. The packaging was okay, nothing too flashy. Finally they have a very subtle smell and its a very pleasant smell too. 

Next the Palladio Eye Ink in Black. This liquid eyeliner is just amazing and completely affordable! It has a felt tip which is great for precision work and for people just starting to get into liquid eyeliners. 
 I was very impressed with how dark the eyeliner is and how quickly it dried. I actually have this eyeliner on today and I love it! Even my husband mentioned how well the color pay off was. I am looking forward to trying the other colors they have available and see how those work.


The Palladio Herbal Eyeliner Pencil in white is something I purchased because I have no white eyeliner. In case you don't have one you should totally purchase one! White eyeliner is perfect for applying in the inner corner of the eye to give the eyes a little bit of a pop and also on the water line to help whiten the eyes and give them a pop at the same time. It makes them appear bigger and make you look wide awake. I tried the eyeliner on and it does go on very smooth and is white. I will have to try it on for the whole day and let you know who it works but so far it is okay. 


Finally the Palladio Natural Rice Powder in translucent. This is the main product I have been wanting to try for quite a while. I have heard and seen many great reviews on this product and it totally impressed me! It is an amazing setting powder that leave my skin looking matte and not cakey at all. I have not had a problem with it at all. I have noticed it helps control my oily areas and stays on all day long and my face looks amazing. I have heard people say its messy or makes their face cakey but not for me. They may just be using too much product. I totally recommend this product for combination and oily skin. It is simply amazing!


Next onto the e.l.f products! I want to start with the most amazing lipstick I have found for only $1! 

This lipstick is from their Essential Line, in which every product is only $1! I must say the quality of this lipstick is just amazing. The color I purchased is Classy, which is a soft classic pink that is perfect for any skin type. I actually was influenced to purchase this lipstick by EmilyNoel83 (Click Here to see her video). She was doing a video of her favorite M.A.C. Lipsticks and their dupes. This particular lipstick in her video is a dupe for M.A.C. Angel. 
Any who, since I don't own any pink lipsticks I decided to give this one a try since it was only $1 and I LOVE IT! It is so creamy and goes on easily. It has a pleasant smell but it doesn't last all day long. I don't mind reapplying though because of its creamy texture. 

Now onto the e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick. These are also from the Essential Line. 
The four colors I purchased are Baby Lips, Pink Lemonade, Maple Sugar, and Ruby Slippers. These are simply amazing for their very inexpensive price. They are not sticky at all and give a beautiful shine to the lips. These that I purchased have some good pigmentation on them. They last quite a while on and smell minty! 

This a picture of the swatches I did of the four colors and I love them. They look even better on the lips. Baby Lips and Pink Lemonade give me a subtle hint of pink, nothing too exaggerated. Maple Sugar only gives my lip a nice shine, the color is very subtle. Ruby Slipper is beautiful and would look amazing on top of a red lipstick. Over all great product for an amazing price. 


Finally my Aveeno Essential Moisture Lip Conditioner with SPF 15. I purchased this item because that day I left my house without a lip balm and my lips felt super dry and needed some TLC. 


This lip balm is super amazing! It smells like vanilla to me and makes my lips feel super soft and moisturized. I feel no need to reapply constantly, which is pretty amazing! The SPF is just a huge plus. I have actually started applying this before I apply my lipstick so that my lips don't look dry and flaky. It also makes my lipstick last longer then usual. First I exfoliate my lips with my C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Buffer. Once my lips are dry and clear of the buffer I apply this lip balm. I then take a tissue and blot my lips, it may seem pointless but I do this so my lips are moisturized and dry not oily. Finally apply your lipstick. It works wonders for me! 


Well I hope this haul helps and maybe makes you want to go out there and try some new products. Talk to you guys soon :D


Price List:
*Palladio Herbal Tinted Lip Balm: $3.99 each (8 colors available) (Sally Beauty Supply)
*Palladio Eye Ink: $5.99 (6 colors available) (Sally Beauty Supply)
*Palladio Herbal Eyeliner Pencil: $2.99 (9 colors available) (Sally Beauty Supply)
*Palladio Natural Rice Powder: $4.99 (available in Natural,Warm Beige,& Translucent) (Sally Beauty Supply)
*e.l.f. Lipstick: $1.00 (7 colors available) (eyeslipsface.com or a local Target)
*e.l.f. Luscious Liquid Lipstick: $1.00 ( 11 colors available) (eyeslipsface.com or local Target)
*Aveeno Lip Nourishment with SPF 15: $2.79 (aveeno.com or any drug store)





No comments:

Post a Comment